Here is what you need to get started:
- 3 CUPS gluten free flour or oat flour + a little extra for flouring surface and rolling pin.
- ¼ – ½ CUP molasses (I started with ¼ cup and added more as needed).
- 2 TBSP peanut butter (make sure to use a peanut butter without any added sweeteners. The safest peanut butter to use for dogs only has one or maybe two ingredients, peanuts and salt).
- ¼ CUP melted coconut oil.
- 3-4 droppers full of Applied Botanics Super Paws (It’s bacon flavored!)
- ¾ CUP of water
Frosting: Plain greek yogurt (use as much or as little as you want to decorate with). This step is optional but will really make your cookies look like little footballs!
- Large bowl for mixing dough.
- Rolling pin or something to roll out your dough with (a bottle of wine works too).
- Mixing spoon
- Football cookie cutter or a butter knife to make football shapes.
- Piping bag (I got mine at Dollar Tree) but you can also use a baggie with the corner cut.
- Greased cookie sheet
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix flour, coconut oil, water, CBD oil, peanut butter, and molasses together until a dough forms. Form dough into a ball and let rest for a few minutes.
- Flour your work surface and roll out dough until ¼ inch thick. Use a cookie cutter to cut our football shapes.
- Grease your cookie sheet and place cookies on the sheet ½ inch apart. The cookies will not rise or spread so you can get quite a few on one sheet.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes. Take out of the oven and let them cool completely. Once cookies are cooled place greek yogurt into the piping bag and create two curved lines at each end and on the laces. If the cookies are not cooled completely then the greek yogurt will melt and run off.
- Allow greek yogurt to set for a few minutes and you are ready to give to your pup!
Depending on the size of your furry friend feel free to make the treats larger or smaller. I used a medium cookie cutter and made around 24 treats. Plenty to share! These treats should be given in moderation and not used as a supplement. For best keeping, place any leftover treats in an airtight container or bag and store them in the fridge.
We know that your pets will love these cookies. These treats are a little sweet with molasses and peanut butter and a little savory with bacon-flavored CBD oil. At Applied Botanics we know your pet is a part of the family so we want to provide products for them to Live Healthy + Happy!
If you make these treats make sure to tag @appliedbotanicspets on Instagram so we can see your creations!