St. Patrick’s Day is upon us and the weather is starting to warm up. These homemade CBD-infused treats are healthy, delicious, and so easy to make.
It is the perfect way to hide spinach and kale in a delicious treat. There’s no artificial coloring, just pure organic ingredients. Also, since these treats are frozen it will take your pup a little longer to eat, which is great for their digestive system.
What is CBD?
CBD stands for Cannabidiol and is directly derived from hemp plants. CBD is then extracted from the hemp plant and used for various ailments. CBD has been known to aid in pain relief, ease anxiety, and help with sleep. CBD is a close relative of THC which is found in marijuana plants. THC is a psychoactive drug that is illegal in many states. However, CBD does not contain any THC and is legal in all states (and safe for your pup). CBD is not psychoactive and will not make you feel high. CBD has been used by humans for thousands of years and recently became popular for pets as well. To read more about CBD specifically check out our blog.
The CBD used in this treat is our bacon-flavored Nano Pet Drops. We have three sizes depending on the size of your pet. The Small Nano Pet is for animals under 30lbs, the Medium Nano Pet is for animals 30-60lbs, and the Large Nano Pet is for animals over 60lbs. The oil blends seamlessly with the other ingredients and is clear in color, so your pet will not even know it is there. Applied Botanics Nano Pet Drops are organic, non-GMO, and THC-free.
What you will need:
Note* All ingredients are organic but it is a personal preference. Feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
- ½ banana (frozen banana)
- ½ cup of frozen spinach
- ½ cup of kale (chopped and de-stemmed)
- 1 peeled and chopped pear
- 1 cube frozen ginger (found in the frozen veggie section on the grocery store)
- 2 droppers of Nano Pet CBD
- A cup of water to blend (use water as needed until it is a smooth consistency)
- Ice if needed (you will be freezing this mixture so it doesn’t require a lot of ice to start)
Tip: I used frozen veggies and fruit when possible to cut out on using too much ice.
- Peel and chop the pear
- Wash, chop, and de-stem kale
- Place banana, frozen spinach, kale, pear, and ginger in the blender
- Blend on high until all ingredients are incorporated. Use water as needed.
- Add in two full droppers of Nano Pet Droppers
- Once blended, wash and dry molds
- Use a spoon to scoop smoothie into the molds
- Once molds are full place in the freezer overnight or until frozen solid
- Take smoothie treats out of molds and place them in a freezer-safe container
- Give to your pup as a treat. Enjoy!
Tip: Treats will stay good in the freezer for a few months. Take out of the freezer and let your pup lick the smoothie treat.
If you try this fun treat with your pup make sure to tag us on social media or send it to email@example.com. We cannot wait to see them!